Here are some of Kendra's favorite travel tips:
Saving Money on Airfare:
- Tuesday night is typically the cheapest day of the week to buy flights. Don't book on weekends.
- Wednesday is the cheapest day of the week to travel, followed by Saturday.
If You See a Good Airfare, Book It:
- ...because it can be cancelled for a free refund!
- Since January of 2012, the U.S. Department of Transportation mandates that airlines refund your money if you book at least one week prior to departure and cancel within 24 hours of booking.
- Protect your nice clothing! Put a shower cap around your shoes to make sure the dirty soles don't end up getting surrounding clothes dirty, too.
- Place a dryer sheet at the bottom of your suitcase and it will keep your clothes smelling fresh and clean during travel.
- Ship your luggage with a service like LuggageFree.com.
Technology while Vacationing:
- Airlines are now adding USB ports to the seats on your plane so you can charge your devices in-flight.
- Forget your charger completely? Always check with the hotel front desk-some previous guests accidentally leave their chargers and the front desk usually has a box of them.